Well, I figured out that JQS.exe was not any virus process but was indeed Java Quick Start which was actually designed to reduce the startup time of Java applets
and Java apps by prefetching Java Runtime Environment files frequently into memory and caching it. But I'm not a person who uses Java Applets or Java Apps that often - I hardly use Java related stuff maybe once in 2-3 weeks, so there is absolutely no use for it to run all the time on my box to make a rare use app work faster!!
So here is how you can easily disable JQS.exe :
- Goto the Control Panel (Start > Control Panel).
- Double click the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel.
- Now click on the Advanced option
- Goto Miscellaneous and you will find that Java Quick Start has been enabled.
- Uncheck the box to disable the JQS.exe process.