1. Read the job description and company profile carefully before applying online, so that you are aware of the job details when an employer calls you about your application. If the job advertisement does not contain enough information, e-mail / call the employer for more details.
2. Remember to write down the name and contact number of the recruiter in case you need to call back later - after you have applied.
3. Prepare for the interview by finding out more about the company, the job and the industry. Usually browsing the company's website is a good approach to learn more about the employer.
4. Be punctual for your interview. Always take your resume, transcripts, certificates and relevant documents to the interview.
5. IMPORTANT: If you cannot attend the confirmed interview for whatever reason, you must contact the employer beforehand to let them know.
Not informing or attending the interview will create a bad impression about you. This may reduce your chance to secure future interviews with the same company.
6. Send the employer a Thank You email after the interview.
7. Follow up with the employer on the status of the interview after two or three days. This shows your interest for the job and may increase your chances of success.
All the very Best!!