I was eagerly waiting for Fedora Core 6, but Jesse Keating has just announced that Fedora Core 6 will be delayed with six days, because of some issues that are still present and must be fixed: "We regret to announce a slip of the Fedora Core 6 release schedule. A few issues are still present that we would like to see fixed before we release."
Issues that must be fixed:
• Possible ext3 corruption bug
• Installs with 256megs of ram stall
• Package ordering issues on multilib platforms (x86_64, ppc64)
• SELinux issue with updating kernels on ppc platforms
• iscsi based installations not functional
"There are obviously other issues and bugs still open, but these are the ones that are really "blocking" the release. To give enough time to fix these issues, we've extended the release date 6 days to Tuesday, Oct 17th. Freezes are still in place (even more so now). Your extra careful testing of rawhide over the next few days would greatly be appreciated." - says Jesse Keating in this announcement.